F21 Xfce i386 netinst on an Asus ee900

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 17 19:00:42 UTC 2014

Install went well but took 3 hours.  I believe it was problems with my
local updates repo and it switched to net updates over my slow 768Kb DSL
link (will be moving to cable 6/3Mb in a month).

After the installation and booting into F21, I went to install some apps
and got a message about meta data problems with my local updates repo
and it switched to the standard mirrors.  No problem with my OS repo.

I did not catch the message, and I have tried different greps on
journalctl but coming up empty.

I did a 'yum clean all' and deleted the timedhosts file (after getting
the lastest updates to the update repo) and did an yum update.  This
time it pulled the rpms from my local repo, so there was something
corrupted/missing before.

Big challenge next week will be to install on my Asus EE Surf 4g which
only has a 4Gb SSD (too hard to open and solder in a larger drive).
Plus it is not a full screen so the bottom part gets cut off in past
installs (well it currently has F17 with / on an SD card and /home on
the SSD).  Will report back on that one.

thanks all.