relval/wikitcms and release validation updates

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Dec 20 03:15:53 UTC 2014

Hey, folks. Just a quick update on relval/wikitcms and the wiki
validation stuff.

Firstly and most importantly, I've just released v1.7 of both. Due to
some of the changes discussed below, older versions don't really work
right any more. Please use 1.7 or higher for all purposes from now on.
Packages for all Fedoras (19 through Rawhide) are in the repository.
1.7 is a major overhaul to wikitcms' design which is discussed in more
detail in the commit -
https://www.happyassassin.net/cgit/wikitcms/commit/?id=322ca12090f5b622bc21d9aa0ec2bd125be8697e
.

Since first implementing nightly support in the wiki template stuff a
couple weeks back, I've revised it a bit in the last couple of days.
The pages now have their source tree - Branched or Rawhide - in the
name (as older incarnations of this sort of thing used to do) - in a
way it's kind of unnecessary information, but it was a major problem
for wikitcms if the info wasn't in the page name. The
CurrentFedoraCompose data and the page templates now don't have a
separate 'rawhide' parameter for nightly composes - the 'milestone'
parameter is used instead. If you want a simple check of whether
something is a TC/RC or a nightly, you can use the 'date' and
'compose' parameters; nightlies will always have 'date' but not
'compose', TCs/RCs will always have 'compose' but not 'date'.
'milestone' being 'Rawhide' or 'Branched' indicates a nightly.

The last couple of relval/wikitcms releases support the 'if needed'
feature we were talking about in the planning for this. If you run
something like 'relval nightly --username foo --release 22 --rawhide --
date 20141219 --current --needed', it'll run some checks to see if the
new test event is 'needed' before creating the pages. The parameters
on the checks could be changed if needed, but for a first cut, I'm
using this. For a new nightly event to be 'needed':

* It must have been at least 3 days since the last event
* If it's been less than 14 days since the last event, the versions of
some significant packages are compared across the two composes, and
there must be some difference

There's also a check for whether the compose is 'testable' - it looks
for a boot.iso in the expected place - which takes effect whether the -
-needed parameter is passed or not.