Self Introduction: Atmn Patel

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 19:17:14 UTC 2014

Hi Atmn,

On Sun, 2014-12-28 at 16:51 -0500, Atmn Patel wrote:
> As for my computer skills, I know C and Python to the level of an
> introductory undergraduate course. I am currently learning Java in my
> spare time. I am also working towards getting the Linux Foundation
> Certified System Administrator. As for project experience, I have
> none. I believe that I am an excellent match for the project because I
> am willing to learn and dedicate time to the project (I have no
> experience whatsoever).

I'm assuming you've mailed the test list because you've already read the
"Join Fedora"[1] page and would like to get your hands dirty with QA?
The simplest would be to get started with testing updates as detailed
here[2].

If you're looking for admin work, the fedora infrastructure team is
where you should head to[3]. If you're looking to work on coding tasks,
the infra team does develop applications mostly in Python that you can
help with[4]. Other than that, the coding that takes place in the
community is mostly patches that are sent upstream. We endeavour to make
all our contributions to upstream directly and do not carry local
patches unless absolutely necessary[5].

I hope you have a great time in the community. Please feel free to ask
us any questions. We also have a dedicated mailing list and channel for
newcomers here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

Lastly, happy new year everyone!

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora