rawhide report: 20140113 changes

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jan 14 17:32:15 UTC 2014

Adam Williamson wrote:

>> obexftp contains the same Requires except for libpthread (obexfs
>> depends on libphread). There's an empty /usr/share/doc/obexftp/html
>> included.
>
> They're the same tools, the obefxs source was moved into the obexftp
> source tree upstream.
>
> The thing I was unsure about was dealing with obsoleting an orphaned
> package. Do I have to adopt the orphaned package first? Or can I just
> file a request to kill that package?

I think that if obexftp package will "provide" a high enough version of
obexfs then an update will automatically replace it and you will end up
with obexftp only.  Also anything which has explicit dependencies on
obexfs will not raise a fuss as after such replacement dependencies will
be still satisfied.

   Michal