Did anyone's F20 system randomly "reboot" after updating from updates-testing just recently?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jan 16 19:04:15 UTC 2014

On Jan 16, 2014, at 11:58 AM, Lars Seipel <lars.seipel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 08:42:31AM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> I don't think it's selinux because I ausearch -m AVC hasn't report anything for me in three days. I'm suspicious of initscripts though.
>
> Hmm, I just encountered the scriptlet issue using yum but can also
> reproduce with dnf. Trying to remove the resulting duplicate packages
> gets me more of the same _unless_ I toggle SELinux to permissive mode.
> Then 'yum remove' completes without any errors, as does dnf. The same is
> true for installation of new packages (with s/preun/prein/ obviously).
>
> The somewhat weird thing is that no AVCs are generated, so it doesn't
> look like a run-of-the-mill policy issue.
>
> A quick try at downgrading initscripts yielded no difference to the
> behaviour described above.

This seems to be a multilevel bug. Something triggered a state, but not the bug itself, and then something else happened once the system was in that state that triggers the bug. I say this because I've now regressed to a snapshot from 2 weeks ago, and dnf updated and it's updated fine with no scriplet errors. And subsequent package updates previously giving me such errors, no longer produce errors.

Maybe there was a failed dnf update a couple days ago, because I remember seeing a pile of SKIPPED messages because they were already downloaded, and then in the middle of trying to download more, dnf puked saying it couldn't find any mirrors. That was resolved with the hammer approach, dnf clean all, and somehow it ended up with a better mirror list and was able to complete downloads, but I think maybe it did duplicate installs of some things.

Chris Murphy