Did anyone's F20 system randomly "reboot" after updating from updates-testing just recently?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Jan 16 23:59:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:56:16AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 10:07 -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >
> > This, for a change, leaves you with an asorted leftover files lying
> > around.
>
> Only if the package's manifest changed between the versions being
> upgraded 'from' and 'to' in the update that failed.

This happens more often then you think.  Try 'rpm -qd <package>'.  A
serious chances are that if you just removed a duplicate only from an
rpm database then the whole directory in /usr/share/doc/ got orphaned.
Not, not always but often enough.  There are numerous other situations
when a corresponding manifest changed between versions.  A layout
changed, for example.

On the long run I'd rather not to have various orphaned files lying
around.  Maybe there are innocuous but I prefer not to spent my time
thinking about it.

   Michal