Suggested activities during the pre-F21 lull

Kashyap Chamarthy kashyapc at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 22 03:32:57 UTC 2014

On 01/21/2014 07:28 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> On 01/21/2014 01:49 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> <snip></snip>
>
> Or you can simply skip all that and share with us your ideas and
> thoughts how we can improve QA to make it more awesome then it already
> is ;)
> And we can see if we cant find the time even resources to push your
> ideas or thoughts forward and see where they lead.
>
> Now's the time people before we all get locked stocked in a smoking
> barrel of QA routine...

You seem to be trolling. I cannot see the humour in your post nor the
intentions behind your wink. Have you even read the full email before
snipping it?

Though, what I *can* see is: Adam took the time to write a thoroughly
detailed email with clean intentions.

Let me quickly outline here what I've learnt from Adam's email:

  1. A reminder to test updates-testing on stable Fedora releases
  2. How to test Fedora Rawhide
  3. Writing package specific test cases; /how/ you can write them,
     and how they'd be useful in Bodhi 2.0 (when it is available).
  4. Improving release criteria & validation test cases
      - Pain points identified during F20 validation
      - How/where to find the blocker bugs identified
  5. A friendly suggestion to new users to submit their tests
     even in plain text;
  6. A useful note on /how/ to submit a proposal in a way that's
     future search friendly.

All of them - very well summarized and always useful reminders for those
who are new to the list.

What part of it is hard to understand to you or to acknowledge? You
respond with some kind of rhetorical snub (even /that/ is not coherent).

I'm not trying to defend anyone here, just an objective view.

Thanks.