rawhide - nightly composes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 06:21:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 19:58 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:50:34 -0800
> Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > we've always had the idea that we should be doing automated testing of
> > the nightly composes, and for a short time we even did, using the
> > AutoQA 'rats' tests. These haven't worked for some time, but I
> > believe we're hoping to revive that with Taskotron once it's up and
> > running.
> >
> > Then maybe we can (finally) populate israwhideworkingyet.com , or
> > whatever it was the original zygote of the AutoQA idea was called :)
> >
> > I'm not sure manual 'voting' on installer images is a good way to go,
> > since there's such a huge variety of possible experiences with the
> > installer.
> >
> > I've been using today's nightly to do some test installs, FWIW, and it
> > gets most of the way through but then explodes with a keyboard layout
> > configuration problem. I'll look into that tomorrow.
>
> In addition to what Adam said... if they don't work for you, please
> please report a bug on it? If they aren't working for months on end for
> you it's unlikely to just randomly be fixed, you need to let someone
> know to fix it. ;)

There is a lot of active development and churn going on in Rawhide right
now, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is broken quite often, with
different bugs in each case. But if you're hitting the same bug
repeatedly over a long time, yup, file it.

Also, I guess it can't hurt to send an impromptu note to test@ if you do
a successful install from a nightly, and say 'hey, I did an install with
nightly 2014-xx-xx and it worked!', or whatever - that could be a handy
pointer for others.