anaconda 21.18-1 exception … Resolved by anaconda 21.19-1

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 01:33:28 UTC 2014

On 30.01.2014 20:54, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 14:20 +0530, piruthiviraj natarajan wrote:
>>
>> Well I downloaded the image of xfce and was stuck with the anaconda
>> 21.18-1 on the image throwing up the error as you have mentioned in
>> the other post. I should have checked the anaconda version present on
>> the image before downloading the iso.
>
> If you use a live image you can actually 'yum update anaconda
> python-blivet' before running the installer to get the latest version.
>
> This obviously isn't infinitely elastic - the installer does have deps
> on the base system, and it can get icky trying to run the F21 installer
> on F20, for e.g. - but if you just want to bump to a slightly newer
> version of the installer than is on the live image you have handy, it
> usually works fine.

In this particular case updated storage module(python-blivet) ain't
necessary.

[liveuser at localhost ~]$ rpm -q anaconda
anaconda-21.18-1.fc21.x86_64
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ su -
[root at localhost ~]# yum update anaconda
…
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ rpm -q anaconda
anaconda-21.19-1.fc21.x86_64
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ liveinst
…
Installing successfully.