gdb broken in rawhide?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 16:47:42 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 17:26 +0100, Andrew Price wrote:
> On 10/06/14 15:59, Sandro Mani wrote:
> > (hmpf, hit wrong key.. continuing..)
> >
> > I'm getting
> >
> > Python Exception <type 'exceptions.TypeError'> instance has no next()
> > method:
> >
> > whenever I try to print out a backtrace with gdb. Anyone else noticing
> > this? Any idea which component is reponsible? Downgrading gdb and python
> > did not help.
>
> Do you have broken gdb-python backtrace hooks in your ~/.gdbinit or
> something like that?
>
> Andy

Something changed in gdb's python suppport and broke the gobject python
snipplets that are installed by glib2-devel. I lack the python skills to
fix that, and could find much information about what changed in gdb when
I looked into it this weekend.

If somebody who speaks python could look into it, that would be
fantastic.