DNF vs yum performance question

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 05:05:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 5:53 AM, Bob Lightfoot <boblfoot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Team:
>    When running dnf check-update --refresh and comparing to yum
> check-update I've noticed that if the same package occurs in multiple
> repos {aka. local and remote repos for example} that dnf will list all
> packages while yum will list only the package from the repo which
> would be used for update.  I'm not sure if this is as desired in dnf
> or just plain cornfusing.  Just wanted to point out this is one more
> ideosyncrosity of dnf.

dnf check-update lists available updates from the enabled repositories, and
if the same update is available from multiple repos it will be shown twice

check-update is not the same as the resulting transaction of a dnf update.

I does exactly what the man page says it does

http://akozumpl.github.io/dnf/command_ref.html#check-update-command

and please if your think something is a bug, then make a bugzilla repost,
fdl is not a bugtracker.

Tim