3.16.x on i686

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 19:53:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 14:59 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2014-06-25 10:08 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:
>
> > On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 10:05 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> >> I'm curious: why are you passing video= parameters on each one? Do
> >> any/all of them work if you don't pass that parameter?
>
> > ...and does it work if you append an 'e':
>
> > video=1024x768e
>
> video=1024x768 at 60e doesn't help.
>
> On 2014-06-25 14:12 (GMT-0400) Adam Williamson composed:
>
> > That answers the first question, but not the second (or the third I sent
> > as a follow-up).
>
> I thought I provided answers to all, so I'm not sure what might be missing.
> Omitting both vga= and video= doesn't change anything,

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

>  which I thought I
> wrote early on in thread,

I don't know, but it's hard to remember everything that's been said!

>  but may be in the bug I didn't yet submit.
>
> OTOH, might what's described at
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2014-June/047981.html be an
> upstream solution forthcoming?

Good spot - that may very well be your issue, yeah, since you're using a
CRT display. It would also explain why I can't reproduce the bug on my
Intel graphics system, which is a laptop.

I might be able to whip up a test kernel for you later with that patch
applied.