[Test-Announce] URGENT testing request: fedup and systemd

Adrian vk4tux at bigpond.com
Tue Nov 4 02:23:16 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: test-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:test-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Adrian
Sent: Tuesday, 4 November 2014 10:18 AM
To: For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases
Subject: Re: [Test-Announce] URGENT testing request: fedup and systemd

> maybe try fedup --clean (I think you may need fedup --clean
> --product=(something) , which is a bug in fedup :>)
Looking good, it is taking off ;

[root at fedora20desk ~]# fedup --product=nonproduct --clean resetting bootloader config removing boot images removing downloaded packages removing miscellaneous files [root at fedora20desk ~]# fedup --product=nonproduct --network 21 --instrepo https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/21_Beta_RC4/Server/x86_64/os
setting up repos...

I resolved all dependency issues.

As a follow-up now from the windows box , on reboot the packages were installing to a point until empty descriptor sections started appearing, and then it all came to a grinding halt.
Reboot was unsuccessful with a kernel panic situation.

I am downloading   https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/21_Beta_RC4/Workstation/x86_64/iso/Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-21_Beta-4.iso

Is there a later ver beta than this ? I really want the full install iso if available ?

, to start again.  Luckily I have everything backed up that I need later.

Adrian   Fewster