Fwd: F21 nm-openvpn and md5

Zoltan Kota zoltank at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:57:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

With F21 on, openssl has been patched to disallow verification of
certificates that are signed with MD5 algorithm. Until I get our sysadmins
generate new keys I should use the workaround described as: "a temporary
measure the OPENSSL_ENABLE_MD5_VERIFY environment variable can be set to
allow verification of certificates signed with MD5 algorithm."

On my pre-F21 (test)machine I use gnome with Networkmanager(-openvpn). How
can I add the above environment variable for Networkmanager?

Zoltan