One Desktop and one Desktop ONLY.

Peter G. pgueckel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 01:09:38 UTC 2014

Ed Greshko wrote:

> Sorry to start yet another thread on the same
issue....

I downloaded the KDE live image and then, even though I
never use it, ran:

sudo yum groupinstall "GNOME"

Next, this got me a few more programs:

sudo yum groupinstall "Fedora Workstation"

I aborted the following, because it pulled in the input
methods crap:

sudo yum groupinstall "KDE Plasma Workspaces"

Instead, I ran:

sudo yum groupinstall "kde-desktop-environment"
sudo yum groupinstall "gnome-desktop"

I think I got pretty much all of it, without having to
tinker around (too much).

I still haven't logged in to Gnome, although I have
been on Fedora 21 since Saturday. I admit that I
installed Fedora 21ßRC4, since it snowed on Saturday
and I didn't have the time during the week.

It has all gone super! Kudos to the developers and
packagers!!!