fedup failure

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 8 01:34:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-07 at 16:48 -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
> I wanted to try to updating to what will soon be Fedora 21.
> I tried using fedup, but failed miserably.  Did I use the correct incantation?

Well. Not according to the release information, which we've been waving
all over the place lately:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F21_bugs#no-fedup-beta

But actually, upgrading without an explicit --instrepo *ought* to be
working today, the mirrormanager redirect was put in place.

> All the references to fc22 are ... surprising.

Yeah, they are. I can't immediately see any reason for it. The repos
listed look correct. 'default-installrepo' is the repo it gets from
mirrorlist, but it ought to be querying:

https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-install-21&arch=x86_64

and that's correctly pointing to 21_TC1, so far as I can see.

Can you get any more of a clue if you pass -v ?