Linux multi-boot release criterion discussion, redux

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 11 04:07:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-10 at 05:29 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:

> I was about to mention the same, Fedora UEFI dual-boot requires a lot
> of manual tweaking at the moment, and I guess it's not something that
> can be changed and properly tested in a few weeks.

For me it actually works OK in a smoke test with the latest os-prober
and grub2, if the first-installed release doesn't use LVM. The grub menu
for the second-installed release gets entries for the first, and they
work.

As they wind up sharing /boot/efi they actually override each other's
configurations constantly, but this doesn't seem to break much in
practice.