wrong resolution in Fedora 21 beta

Frank beacon at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 11 05:11:03 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 10:42 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 06:06 PM, Frank wrote:
>> I installed 21 beta today from the live cd and ran into a couple of
>> (minor) problems. I guess because I had booted the live cd in safe mode
>> (trying to solve another problem) when I installed it from the desktop I
>> ended up with 1280x1024 resolution. My monitor is capable of 1650x900
>> but I can't figure out how to change it.
>>
> Look in your grub config file and remove the "nomodeset" options.
> Also, remove it from /etc/default/grub.

     That did it !  Thanks.  Removed it from /etc/default/grub and
rebuilt grub.cfg.
     But now I have lockup problems on the desktop and to some extent at
the CLI. I have disabled composting
in Marco ( I'm running the Mate desktop) and nothing else I could see
that might affect video is on. It's real tight
lockups...nothing works except the power button.