wrong resolution in Fedora 21 beta

Frank beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 12 03:09:52 UTC 2014

On 11/11/14 09:54 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
> Frank composed on 2014-11-11 20:44 (UTC-0500):
>
>>      Browsing the logs on the Intel driver GIT site  I ran across a comment
>> that the acceleration option should actually be "none" rather than "off".
>> I thought I would give that a try in the xorg.conf file I had sitting in
>> /etc/X11.
>> It seems to have worked - I've been working on 21 now for an hour with no
>> lockups. FWIW.
> Still using 2.99.914-2 driver version? I don't know of any trouble with it
> other than support for features and/or chips later introduced.

    Yes, that's what's installed here and it's the version which gives
me hard lockups minutes after
running almost anything.
Right now I have two choices...turn off acceleration which I have done,
or nomodeset on the kernel
command line which gives me terrible 1280x1024 resolution.  I choose no
acceleration...hardly noticeable in most things,
except Google Maps which take a loooonnnnggg time to refresh.