Resume still broken on Thinkpad X1 Carbon

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:50:24 UTC 2014

After suspend/resume worked in LXDE I tried logging out of LXDE and
logging into GNOME 3, now suspend/resume also worked in GNOME 3 also!

But after reboot suspend/resume wouldn't work in any combination... I
tried again logging into XFCE then into LXCE -> fail, straight to XFCE
-> fail, straing into LXDE - > fail.

I tried "dmesg > dmesg_before; echo mem > /sys/power/state; dmesg >
dmesg_after" as per instructions but in all cases only dmesg_before
was created.

Then I tried debugging kernel, and bingo! Now suspend/resume works
every time in every environment - LXDE, XFCE, GNOME 3.