karma wanted: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xfdesktop-4.10.3-1.fc21

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 03:24:31 UTC 2014

On 17.11.2014 04:01, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 03:26:26 +0100
> poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems, some terms confuse you, so let me clarify for you,
>> development != unstable
>
> development versions can be unstable or stable or stable for some
> people and unstable for others.
>
> Typically, Development versions are where upstream is changing things
> for the next Major version.
>
> User interface could change, behavior could change, sometimes multiple
> times. We don't want users getting each of these changes and having to
> change their workflow or discover changes, we want to wait until the
> major release is out and we can document changes and users can upgrade
> on their schedule, not ours.

You keep bypassing, we talk here about Xfce. :)
Changes in the user interface, which one?
Xfce it is, man.

>> Fedora 21 includes a fair number of packages some of which are built
>> from what you call an unstable version, and some are even essential
>> system packages.
>
> Different upstream projects have a different lifecycles and development
> setup. For example gnome uses a similar setup where there is an an
> unstable development release, then a stable release. However, they are
> much more regular than Xfce in releases, so they know when they push a
> development version to rawhide, the final version will be out before
> the final Fedora stable version it's in.

The GNOME is not an essential package for the system. :)
BTW I have seen for myself how the GNOME stable is stable.
Hah

>> The Xfce is another word for stability, developed or released.
>
> I'm glad it's stable for you.

And you as a packager can be more proactive about it all, without waiting to be served.
And not just you.