installation matrix environment adjustments

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 21 20:33:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-11 at 07:03 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > If you want my guess, I guess I'd suggest we make VNC non-arch-specific,
> > keep serial console split ARM/x86, and make text non-interface-specific,
> > it seems like as long as you get a console at all, that ought to work.
>
> Adjusted in https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Template%3AInstallation_test_matrix&diff=394454&oldid=394452 .
>
> I assume "make text non-interface-specific" means non-arch-specific.
> If not, we can adjust again.
>

> > No, I agree, I was kinda working to split the misc section up. It fits
> > the design most nicely if you can come up with some sort of 'topic'
> > connection between the cases that live together in a table, but the
> > *functional* reason to have split tables is indeed to group tests with
> > similar result environments, and I don't like having too much greying
> > out of the rows either.
> >
> > We should really limit the greying-out hack and use it only when a test
> > case is *clearly* part of a set with a lot of others but the
> > environments that otherwise apply to them all don't apply to it - i.e.
> > it should be a 'rare exception' case, we shouldn't be building complex
> > sets of result columns where each one might have only one or two white
> > boxes.
>
> Adjusted in https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Template%3AInstallation_test_matrix&diff=394451&oldid=394441 .
>
> For some of those test cases it was more reasonable to distinguish it
> as GUI/text mode, rather than x86/ARM. I used another row for that.
> Tell me if you have any objections.

Eh, it's OK, just seems slightly inconsistent to be specifying
environment 'horizontally' for some tests and 'vertically' for others.
Why not just another table with the two tests that use the GUI/text
distinction and those as the columns?

With a very neat-freak hat on, I'd probably have put the table with just
one column either at the top or bottom, not in the middle - just flows a
bit odd visually for me. But that's very small beans.

(I am pleased to note that relval testcase-stats seems to handle the
changes well :>)