Proposal to CANCEL: 2014-11-17 Fedora QA Meeting

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 21 21:17:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-17 at 08:31 -0600, Dan Mossor wrote:
> On 11/17/2014 01:55 AM, Tim Flink wrote:
> > The usual suspects for leading the QA meeting are going to be out at
> > meeting time tomorrow and I'm not up to date enough with the possible
> > topics to put together a good agenda, so I propose that we cancel the
> > QA meeting tomorrow.
> >
> > Of course, if there are topics that need discussion, I'm happy to
> > facilitate or if someone else wants to lead the meeting, that also
> > works. However, if there are no replies to this email saying otherwise,
> > consider the QA meeting canceled.
> >
> > Tim
>
> Well, some minor glitches have been discovered with fedup that will need
> to be addressed for GA, specifically in regards to packages that are
> newer in F20 than are in the F21 installation repo. With freeze coming
> tomorrow, I foresee a lot of Freeze Exceptions to resolve this issue for
> release - unless we're willing to freeze F20, also.

There is no need for any. fedup uses the repos enabled on the existing
install, which almost always includes updates, so this issue just isn't
really relevant to release validation.

It's futile to waste too much time trying to make the frozen F21 package
set newer than the F20 stable set at release time, because it won't be
newer a week later in any case, so who does it benefit? Upgrading
without using the 'updates' repository is never going to be
'supportable', and if the 'updates' repository is used, there is no need
to worry about freeze exceptions.