BTRFS? - Re: Testing F21 hard drive installation - what partition type to test?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Nov 25 19:48:28 UTC 2014

Now that I am into the install, I can see how my choices are set up.
Rather obscure that 'standard' means EXT4.  But with the auto selected
BTFRS both / and /home are in the same volume and I can't see how to
alter the size of this volume in order to increase the size of swap (I
want 2x memory for swap).  I finally gave up, after some trial; perhaps
if I deleted the BTFRS partition, I could then increase swap then
recreate it?

In the end, for now, I switched to standard, as it is easy to first
shrink /, then increase swap, and finally by removing the size in /home
altogether, to get /home to take up all that is available for it.

Definitely, later, going to have to figure out how to setup btfrs to get
supposedly better SSD performance over ext4.

Meanwhile, once I used the netinst server iso, I saw how easy it is to
select a workstation.  So I'll know soon if I have nvram problems with f21.

thank you.