Starting up netinst to local repo

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Nov 25 22:13:52 UTC 2014

On 11/25/2014 05:02 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-11-25 at 16:47 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I had notes from doing this a year ago, but can't find them.
>>
>> Where do I find what to add after press 'e' to activate the ethernet
>> with dhcp so it can find my local repo instead of waiting for the slow
>> download of the remote repodata, so then I can select my local repo?
>>
>> This SHOULD have been in my install notes from last time, and naturally
>> it is not.
> Er, what? It reads to me like what you want to do is not 'activate the
> ethernet' (that still won't cause it to magically find a local
> repository if you don't tell it where to look), but to configure a local
> repository. You can do that on the cmdline with repo=(url) -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda_Boot_Options - or in a kickstart
> with the 'url=' (or 'nfs=', for NFS) option -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#url
Kickstart!  ARGH!!!  Too much stuff today.  Testing while doing real work.

Sorry.  I have the clouding memory that when I only provided the url for
the repo, it still did not work and I had to provide kickstart commands
to use dhcp on the ethernet.  But at this point in today's work, I just
better go and read kickstart and start from the beginning....