the repo for a compose

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 29 04:06:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-28 at 21:22 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-11-28 at 21:50 -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> > Currently, the packages for Fedora 21 are in development/21 and
> > updates/testing/21.  Based on my current understanding of how kojo and
> > the compose process works, all of kojo's current packages are collected
> > into a single yum repository which is used to compose as well as create
> > the Live images and that single repo may or may not be the same as the
> > two repos/
> >
> > Are all of kojo's "current" (or more recent) packages also in
> > development/21 and updates/testing/21?  That is, could we use the two
> > repos as input to create the equivalent of RC1, etc.
> >
> > Gene
>
> Yes for now they are in testing and development/21.  Once in testing, at
> some point, instead of going straight to development/21 they will go to
> updates, but haven't as of yet.

Well, it's called koji, not kojo.

The current 'stable' packages for a Branched release - that is, the last
build of a given package that was given the 'stable' tag, which is
always 'fXX', e.g. 'f21' for 21 - always live in development/(release),
so development/21. I don't know where you get the term 'current', it
isn't used by koji or Bodhi so far as I know. 'testing' packages -
packages with the 'f21-updates-testing' tag, that have been submitted
via Bodhi - live in updates/testing .

TCs and RCs do not use packages from updates/testing at all, so forget
about it, if you're trying to generate images that approximate the
'official' ones. But they *do* use packages from bleed:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/bleed/

because we like to pull in Blocker and FE bug fixes before they go all
the way through the Bodhi and mash process and show up in
development/21. bleed is the side repo into which Blocker/FE fixes that
are requested for a given TC/RC compose are put. So, when I do a TC/RC
compose here:

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6031

and say "Please pull (list of packages)", releng puts the packages from
that list into the bleed repository before they run the compose.

So, if you're trying to match the package set of the current TC/RC, the
repos for your compose should be 'fedora' (which is the 'stable' repo)
and bleed. Do not use updates-testing. You also will want to make sure
you have the f21 branch of spin-kickstarts, and try to use the git
commit that was the latest at the time the compose was run.