[Test-Announce] naming schemes

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 8 19:55:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-08 at 10:35 -0400, Richard Ryniker wrote:
> >a naming scheme that doesn't suck.
>
> Please consider it desirable to implement a scheme with file names
> that, in lexical order, list oldest version first (or last).  Newest
> version somewhere in the middle is a bad design.

this is actually a property of each of the schemes that have been used
for F21 so far, it's only when you have a mix of them in a single
directory that it may break, which obviously isn't the long term intent.
Each one taken alone would order correctly, because the non-'version'-y
elements would not change between builds, and the 'version'-y elements
are in the correct order within the name.

well, I suppose there is one issue with all the current systems, that
being that 'TC' beats 'RC' in most sorting orders. I'm not sure what we
can do about that without renaming the composes, though.