Freezing and corruption issue with Radeon 6670

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 24 07:23:44 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

I've been sitting on this one for a while as I was just hoping it would
get fixed, but after trying the 21 alpha release its still an issue so I
thought I'd try get it some attention.

Any I have an issue that makes Fedora 20 and 21 unusable with my Radeon
6670. As soon as fedora boots up (including login and the screen with
the little fedora icon loading) I get a corrupt display. See:
http://imgur.com/gFrNoRh

Eventually this issue causes the system to freeze. The freezing happens
even quicker when booting a live image.

I have the same problem in Ubuntu so its not only a Fedora issue but I
solve it there running Catalyst.

I've also tried to find reports of people having the same issue but
haven't found any. The card is a PowerColor Radeon 6670 1GB.

I'm happy to diagnose further. And report bugs upstream, but thought I'd
start here and see where people think I should start.

Thanks for you time.

Tim