Major wiki revisions: release process documentation, package maintenance instructions, repository documentation, Changes...

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 26 19:41:20 UTC 2014

> Hi, folks. As I hinted a bit, and as some of you might know from IRC,
> I've spent the last ~24 hours on something of an epic Wiki revision
> spree. I made some fairly major and possibly significant changes, so
> under the 'ask forgiveness' principle I thought I'd post a quick summary
> here.

As an encore, this morning I've tweaked
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases somewhat. There's a more up to
date and I think clearer/better explanation of the Rawhide -> Branched
-> stable process, the stable releases are now up top with development
second, there are links out to the new/newly improved pages from
yesterday, and the mirror links are updated/improved.

I also added a few bits to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle , including a
call-out to the Change process and a little tip box explaining that F(N)
development begins at the time F(N-1) branches.