Updating F21 currently fails

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 30 02:09:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-18 at 05:43 -0300, Carlos Morel-Riquelme wrote:
> i solved this. i disable fedora-workstation,cloud and server repo , but
> what is the difference between fedora.repo and fedora-workstation.repo ?

The fedora-(product).repo repos are intended for use during network
installation by the Product-y network install images, so they offer
*only* the Product package sets by default. They're not intended for use
on installed systems.

This isn't currently working exactly the way we envisaged, there's some
messiness that hasn't been resolved yet. But that's the intent. You
should never need the (product) repos on an installed system, AIUI, and
can safely remove them if you got them.