wikitcms and 'bot' results

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 21 23:39:23 UTC 2015

Hi folks! Just a quick heads-up on some tweaks I made to the wiki
result tracking stuff today.

The {{result}} template you use to file results now has an optional
'named' parameter, 'bot', used to indicate 'bot' results (which more
or less means 'results from an automated test system of some kind, not
manual testing by a human'). You're not likely ever to use it
directly, but if you were to do so, you'd do something like:

{{result|pass|username|bot=true}}

which marks the result as a 'bot' result. The point of this is so we
can mark results from automated test systems (like openQA). I'll
submit a patch shortly which will make openQA results be tagged as
'bot' results on submission; I already manually edited the Beta RC3
results page (for testing).

mediawiki 'named' parameters like this are optional and don't affect
the 'numbered' parameter count (so {{result|pass|bot=true|username}}
works just the same as {{result|pass|username|bot=true}} ). What this
means is that when submitting results manually you don't really need
to know about this parameter at all, you can just ignore it and enter
the results as before.

When you look at a result page, you'll see a little robot head icon
next to 'bot' results, so you can spot them at a glance - see the
results from coconut here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_22_Beta_RC3_Installation

As of release 1.1.4, `relval user-stats` (the sub-command used to
generate the 'heroes of Fedora' statistics) will omit 'bot' results by
default, but can be made to include them by passing the '-b' / '--bot'
argument. `relval report-auto` will mark results as 'bot' results by
default (as it's expected to be used mostly by automated systems), but
it has a '-b' / '--no-bot' parameter which flips that setting. And
`relval size-check` will always mark its results as 'bot'. All the
support for the 'bot' parameter is added to python-wikitcms in 1.1.4
as well.

If you're using them at all - even if you don't use the affected sub-
commands - please ensure you update relval and wikitcms to 1.1.4, as
results that use the 'bot' parameter will confuse earlier versions of
wikitcms/relval (if it comes at the end of the template, as will
usually be the case, they'll treat it as a bug ID). The new versions
are already in my repository.

Thanks!