nouveau driver freeze -- can anyone else reproduce this?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 26 17:38:59 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 06:51:56AM -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> is it possible that this effect is a hardware dependency?
> As I mentioned I have tested this procedure as Matthew has said,
> I didn't find this error. My hardware is an Acer Aspire E 15 with hybrid
> grafics (Intel/Nvidia), but Nvidia does not work with Fedora because of
> the not working Nvidia driver, therefore in Linux the Intel grafics chip
> is the only active (Nouveau driver).

It definitely might be model specific. I should also add that I'm in
Gnome — it might be something with the way the menus are rendered
there.

But, note that if you're using the Nouveau driver, that's actually the
Nvidia chip. If it were using the Intel part, you'd see the Intel
driver.

(I'd just use the Intel driver as a workaround, but I'm using and
external monitor, and unfortunately that only works with the Nvidia
side.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>