nouveau driver freeze -- can anyone else reproduce this?

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 27 18:52:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 02:32 -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:

> Testing now this Geeqie problem how can I test which driver is used
> Intel  or Nouveau. Is in F22 always Nouveau and the Nvidia chip is
> used,
> or is it similar to MS Windows?
> Kind Regards

AIUI unless you install and configure bumblebee, only one or other
will be used for all graphical stuff (but the other will probably sit
there sucking power too).

You can tell which by looking in the journal or /var/log/Xorg.0.log
and seeing if you have messages with '(II) NOUVEAU' in them or
messages with '(II) intel' in them.