Proposal: Split up QA:Testcase_desktop_updates into three separate test cases

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 08:20:04 UTC 2015

> So, I propose we split it into three separate test cases, and I've
> drafted them up:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_base_upd
> ate_cli
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_desktop_
> update_graphical

I find naming all the button names to be usually too over-specified. And it changes in time. I think more generic instructions are better, unless there is something really hard to discover (like the Refresh button in GNOME Software). But that's just a side note that occurred to me while reading the test case.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_desktop_
> update_notification
>
> The first would be an Alpha test case in the Base (not desktop)
> results page, and just covers installing updates with yum/dnf. The
> second would be a Beta test case in the Desktop page, and covers
> installing updates from a graphical desktop. The third would be a
> Final test case in the Desktop page, and covers notification of
> available updates.
>
> I'm also planning to draft some additional test cases covering package
> installation and removal tomorrow - mainly for the test day we have
> coming up, but it would probably not be a bad idea to have them as
> release validation tests as well.
>
> What do folks think? Does this look like an improvement? Thanks!

I like it, it's better to have it split this way. Thanks.