Shutdown after updates?

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Tue Apr 28 20:04:33 UTC 2015

On 29/04/15 02:41, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 04:38:00PM +0200, Ɓukasz Posadowski wrote:
>>> Another strange issue with F22. I bootet and the offline update procedure
>>> started (without me having started it knowingly). When done, it said it
>>> would shutdown after updates, and it really turnt off the machine instead
>>> of rebooting.
>>> What has happened there? Is this configurable?
>> You probably left "install updates" checkbox on when you turned computer off using gnome menu. Easiest way to disable this is uninstall gnome-software.
> Wow, that's a big hammer.

Yeah, I used to use GNOME 2 - GNOME 3 forced me to xfce, now I'm using
Mate. Both xfce & Mate are much more customisable than GNOME 3, and
don't try and get in your way - I have 35 virtual desktops, and 2 highly
customised panels which auto hide

On F21 and earlier I ran yum from the command line, better diagnostics
and control.  For F22, am using dnf.

Cheers,
Gavin