no /dev/root when doing remote install using the netinstall iso...

dwoody5654 dwoody5654 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:56:19 UTC 2015

On 08/14/2015 09:43 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>>> Great.

>>> Try a shorter file name. The .iso suffix is chopped in your error message.
>> I typed the error and left off the .iso but I renamed the iso to
>> Fedora.iso anyhow, got the same result.
>>> Maybe also try removing the kickstart file definition from the config for
>>> now, just to make sure it does not affect it somehow.
>> Removing the ks reference resulted in the same results.
>>> That just says "I couldn't find any partition to mount as the root
>>> filesystem" (and /dev/root is probably the default value). The root
>>> partition is in that iso file, but it failed to mount, so there's none.
>>> This error message is a direct consequence of the previous one.
>>>
>> Is there anything else I can try?
> Not sure. You can always ask at #anaconda IRC channel or anaconda-devel mailing list:
>
> You can also report a bug against anaconda or dracut in http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ .
Since I am the only one having this problem I did the following:

I went back and tried to upgrade to F22 using the same method. It worked
as expected.

I then tried to upgrade to F23. This time it worked. I must have had a
setting that was incorrect that I missed finding.

I should have been able to find the problem without having to post.

Thanks to all for the input.

David