Release criteria notes

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 5 18:24:49 UTC 2015

Greetings testers!

While looking into the affects of the yum/dnf migration I noticed some cleanup
opportunities with the release criteria and thought I'd email the list before
making any changes.

Beta
====

Package set selection

  Should we update this to say "when using any network install image..."
  instead of "when using the generic?" I'd add a note with something like,
  "[Any?] This means any of the productized network installation media and
  the base network installation image."

Kickstart Delivery

  Not really a criterion change, but we still list a diskette as a supported
  delivery mechanism [0]. Should we remove this, or do we still actively test
  using a diskette for ks delivery?

Updgrade Requirements

  This currently reads: "The release-blocking package sets are the minimal set,
  and the sets for each one of the release-blocking desktops."

  Should this be updated to "each one of the release-blocking products and
  release-blocking desktops?"

Domain controller role

  The note says this criteria should be removed after F21 - but since rolekit
  relies on yum to install the bits needed for the domain controller, should
  we keep this in place for F22 through the dnf migration?

Cloud-init

  This was an oversight on my part originally. We need to define the specific
  bits of cloud-init that need to work. It'd be nice and easy to just say,
  "all of them," but cloud-init has a yum module and no dnf module. We need
  to figure out what to do about cloud-init if dnf support won't be added.

Role installation

  For at least F22, do we need to have a criterion for installing new roles
  with rolekit? Or will "brought to a working configuration" cover this enough?

Final
=====

Domain controller role

  As with the beta, I'd suggest we keep this through F22 to make sure things
  work.

I know herding the Release Criteria is typically an Adam thing, but thought
I'd go ahead and ping the list with these small bits.

Thoughts?

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#Chapter_6._Making_the_Kickstart_File_Available

--
// Mike