Release criteria notes

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 7 01:25:33 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-02-05 at 11:24 -0700, Mike Ruckman wrote:
> Role installation
>
>   For at least F22, do we need to have a criterion for installing
> new roles
>   with rolekit? Or will "brought to a working configuration" cover
> this enough?

So looking at this as I add the server role requirement stuff, I note
the criterion states:

"Release-blocking roles and the supported role configuration
interfaces must meet the core functional
[[Server/Technical_Specification#Role_Definition_Requirements|Role
Definition Requirements]] to the extent that supported roles can be
successfully started, stopped, brought to a working configuration, and
queried."

the Role Definition Requirements state:

Roles will be required to support the following API:

    A mechanism to install the packages necessary to deploy the role.
This may include an API for specifying optional components at this
time.
    A mechanism to deploy a role whose packages are installed on the
system by providing the necessary information to provision it.

So really, this is about 99% covered already. Since I'm in the
criteria page, though, I'll edit the criterion slightly to say
"deployed, started, stopped..." - it's really just a clarification,
not a meaning change, so I think it's fine to Just Do It. Thanks for
pointing it out.