Morning update and repos

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 12 07:39:40 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 07:30 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (You can tell I am still relatively new to Rawhide…)
>
> This morning's update included trying to switch me from Rawhide to
> Branched, is this normal immediately after a release branch?

I *think* that's what the fedora-release packager intended, yeah. I
don't think we did it before (though IMBW), but it's a reasonable
thing to do - it's safer than the alternative (because it's a bit
easier for people who want to be on Rawhide to get from Branched to
Rawhide than it is for people who want to be on Branched to get from
Rawhide to Branched).

> Fix was straightforward as the upgrade was sufficiently careful with
> my files in /etc/yum.repos.d, it just came as a bit of a surprise.

Just installing fedora-repos-rawhide should do the trick, I think.

> BTW Did someone intentional schedule the F22 branch to be a few days
> after the Linux 3.19 release?

Nope, that didn't have anything to do with the scheduling process,
just a pure coincidence. The kernel minor (.18, .19, whatever) that'll
be shipped with a release actually isn't usually set in stone until
Beta, though for F22 I'd expect it'll be 3.19 given how things have
worked out.