New section in Installation test matrix: i18n/l10n (non-English installs)

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 28 01:24:32 UTC 2015

Hey folks! While looking at old trac tickets -
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/81 - I noticed that we
actually have test cases for non-English installs:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:I18n_Installation

but we've never put them in the release validation test pages. At
present we cover keymap testing via the encrypted install and desktop
login test cases, but whenever it's come up in the past, no-one's
seemed really happy about that approach. And we haven't ever had an
explicit test case for 'run the installer in languages other than
English', even though we frequently encounter bugs in that - I usually
do actually test it, but often later than we should be doing.

So since we have these test cases around already, I figured let's just
go ahead and use them. I've added a new section to the Installation
matrix template:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Installation_test_matrix#Internationalization_and_Localization

tomorrow I plan to clean up and modernize the test cases a bit, and
then drop the non-English keymap bits from the other test cases.

As we've been over this before and I was usually the only one who
defended the 'do it in other test cases' approach I figured it was
fine to just go ahead and do this, but if anyone has objections,
please say so :)