Heads up - Anaconda 22.17 will enforce 'good' passwords

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jan 30 03:07:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:23 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> And as I said to otherChris, 'without open
> discussion' is just plainly false. There's a ton of 'open discussion',
> spread across three mailing lists.

That's confused. On devel@ the discussion was about the original
change feature. On anaconda-devel@ there was really no meaningful
discussion, because there was no acknowledgement of dissenting
opinions let alone addressing them with exactly why this is necessary
on Fedora and apparently nowhere else. On test@, 100% of the
discussion happened after we were informed of the change, which is in
the very first sentence of the first email in this thread.

Ton no. Modicum perhaps.

>You could also, of course, wait more than
> one lousy day to give the devs a chance to reply before whipping up a
> storm of righteous indignation, but so often that seems too much to
> ask?

You mean like the reply you got after suggesting a secret cmdline
option to make this requirement go away while testing so that you
don't go crazy? That was 13 days ago.

--
Chris Murphy