Differences Between Anaconda & Anaconda bluesky

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 18 07:56:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-07-18 at 03:35 -0400, Carlos Morel-Riquelme wrote:
> Hi folks, today I've install F23 Mate x86_64 successfully. Now my
> question:
>
> First Attempt:
>
> - i've run "anaconda" as root in the terminal but the title of this
> was
> "anaconda bluesky"
> - install the image for me was impossible, because in the
> installation
> summary window the options of "source installation" and "Software
> Selection" never ending to load ( i wait 45 min ).
>
> -------------------------
>
> Reboot
>
> Second Attempt
>
> - this time the title in the installer is "fedora 23 pre release"
> - i've run the installer as "normal" user from the desktop. but in
> this
> time the "Software" menu is not appear. then now i can install fedora
> successfully.

If you want to run the installer on a live image from a console, run
'liveinst', not 'anaconda'.

When it runs in the live image the installer needs to do some things
differently, and running it via 'liveinst' (which is a small wrapper
script that does a few preparations then calls anaconda in a special
way - you can read the script, it's shell) is what does that. The menu
entries on the live images all run 'liveinst'.

If you run 'anaconda' directly it basically thinks it's running in the
environment from a network install or Server DVD image, and so various
things go wrong.

Some spokes are hidden in the live installer because they don't make
any sense there. The Software spoke is hidden because you cannot change
the software selection for a live install; the way the live install
process works, it can only install the software that's a part of the
live image itself.

Hope that explains things!