temporary unavailability of fedora servers

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jul 20 19:44:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:31:15 -0300
Carlos Morel-Riquelme <leinfeva at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Little question... the servers are down on Fedora 23 ?
>
> a few hours ago this work fine, here is my output.
>
> regards

...snip...

> Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'fedora' from '
> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-23&arch=x86_64':
> Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All
> mirrors were tried
> [root at new-host-5 Downloads]#

There's not really enough info here to say what was going on.

I will say that there was no known outage of mirrors.fedoraproject.org.

Things to try/check:

* Can you ping mirrors.fedoraproject.org ?
(its a round robin dns so there's likely a number of ips in the mix
there).

* Is the clock set right on your machine? If it's too far off the ssl
  cert isn't valid for you.

* Can you download the url in a browser and get a metalink?

* Try doing 'LIBREPO_DEBUG=1 dnf update' and it should give you a ton
  more output that you may be able to find the issue in.

kevin