virt-manager - libappindicator-gtk3 - remmina

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:23:52 UTC 2015

On 03.06.2015 14:28, Giovanni Panozzo wrote:

> Adding Antenore to this thread, the other Remmina developer left on the
> whole earth :)
>
> My small contribution: Remmina can survive without libappindicators. It
> will fallback to use GtkStatusIcon to show its icon under Xfce/Lxde/Kde
> (note that GtkStatusIcon is deprecated now, with no alternatives).

Yeah, it applies to GTK+ 3:
[gtk+] docs: GtkStatusIcon is deprecated since 3.14, not 3.16
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2014-September/msg05639.html

But at least the Xfce is still a mixed environment, mostly GTK+ 2.

I think it's good to ask the man who is best versed in all of this, related to the Xfce,
Nick please be free to comment.