Fedora Council report

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 10 23:28:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 07:02 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> and I could certainly envisage some cases where maintainers might
> want
> > to have tests related to their packages in openQA.
>
> I don't really know what Adam's vision was in his last sentence. But
> in general, yes, automating more installation/fedup/system basics
> tests seems to be in the plans and worthwhile.

Well, openQA can be used for more than just installation tests. SUSE
use it for app testing as well. Since we have the openQA system sitting
there, it might be interesting to see about using it in this way too,
and see if any packagers might be interested in using it to test their
packages. It was kind of an idle thought, though.