How to know what broken dependencies in F22 with dnf

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon May 4 19:51:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 May 2015 17:05:29 +0100
> Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> yum stops to work on F22 , first, at my point of view, just should be
>> marked as obsolete on F23 , is a rule , one release to change the
>> default , next release to obsolete it .
>>
>> Now, I need to find out what broken dependencies do we have and
>> where , and dnf doesn't show it. How I do it now ?
>
> dnf update --best

I've read the description of --best probably a dozen times since its
inception, yet I never remember either to use --best or what it's to
be used for. I really think --more or --why (or --whynot) more aptly
describes what it does.

"To see the precise reason why it was not possible to do the upgrade
in this case, use: --best"
http://dnf.readthedocs.org/en/latest/user_faq.html

--
Chris Murphy