Fedora 22 TC3 KDE and KSplash

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon May 11 13:07:55 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hi folks.
>
> I'm currently testing the KDE live TC3.
>
> While performing "QA:Testcase_base_startup", I saw that there isn't a
> KSplash theme with artworks from Fedora. The standard 'breeze' is used
> instead. I would not call it a fail, but if I remember right, previous
> releases shipped with a customized theme.
>
> Is this an intended behavior or is something missing?

As all theming in Plasma is new due to switch to Plasma 5 and changes from
old themes to new QML based themes, some pieces are still missing. Filling
bug is a good idea but I'd not block on this. Long time ago I was doing all
theming work but in the end, we just changed wallpapers to one theme.

It should not be difficult just to patch standard Breeze to use Fedora wp.
There were also plans for second Fedora theme for lock screens but it's not
yet ready.

Jaroslav