Scriptlet Failure When Upgrading (F23)

P. Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 02:42:11 UTC 2015

Adam Williamson wrote:

> In practice, the best thing to do about scriptlet
fails is to file a
> bug any time you see one, and try to figure out what
specifically the
> scriptlet that failed *was*, and what it was meant
to do. If it
> actually needed to do something in your particular
context, re-do that
> thing manually.

Thanks for the great and detailed answer :-) It's nice
to be told what is really going on and not just be
given a yes/no response that doesn't increase one's
knowledge or tell much of anything at all.

OK. I guess that's the least I can do, since I am a de
facto tester of F23, having installed the ß to a spare
partition :-)

I recall which package it was, pretty much ;-) It was
almost certainly appstream, but it could have been
appstream-data or appstream-qt, but I don't think it
was.