F23 Final TC9, Gnome does not install Gimp 2:2.8.14-1.fc22

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Oct 14 09:22:20 UTC 2015

On 14.10.2015 10:36, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
> I also installed Gimp with dnf. But there is the Gnome SW tool displayed
> amongst some other icons on the left side on the screen after booting of
> F23.
> So far it was possible to install all apps offered from Gnome SW tool.
> With TC9 this does not work, possibly because F22, F21 apps are offered not F23,
> I don't know, the version number I got from the display of the unsuccessful installation, but possibly this picture shows not the version, which was tried to install.
> See screenshot i.e. for Gimp, I didn't choose the F22 version,
> it's the only one which is offered. I filed Bug 1271520.

Joerg,

I'm running F23 since alpha, including *all* updates. And I could
install gimp via gome-software properly with the most recent version
gnome-software-3.18.0-2.fc23.x86_64.

Because I did not install TC9 final, I'm unable to tell which version of
gnome-software TC9/Final includes :-(

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

--