Password policy not consistent

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 19:06:44 UTC 2015

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Standardized_passphrase_policy

I wanted to note that the policy doesn't seem to be standardized, as
intended.  On 10/16, I installed Fedora using the pxeboot images from:
http://mirror.pnl.gov/fedora/linux/development/23/

During installation, I created a new user account, which would not
accept the password that I intended to use.  That password is nine
characters long, contains numbers and capital letters, was generated
randomly by "mkpasswd", does not repeat any letters, and does not
resemble any words that I'm aware of.

After installation, that user was able to use "passwd" to set the same
password that Anaconda would not accept.